This session sets out the decisions and challenges associated with using special categories data
- What are the special categories of data, including what is a philosophical belief?
- What constitutes heath data (including information about good health)
- Biometric processing – various techniques and how they might involve discrimination
- Recent caselaw about martial status and inferring special categories
- What are the exemptions that allow you to use special categories data?
- What is the substantial public interest and how do you document it?
- The SPI conditions in the DPA
- Developing an appropriate policy document